Cantab is investment science in action. We apply our scientific backgrounds to developing statistical strategies and fully-automated execution systems, as well as optimising our Friday lunch order.
To join us, you will need to be smart, numerate, hardworking and self-starting.
Operations Analyst3 October 2019
We are seeking an entry level Operations Analyst to join our middle-office team based in Cambridge, UK.
The CompanyCantab, part of GAM Systematic, is a well-established award winning, systematic investment team based in Cambridge. We apply statistical and mathematical methods to a wide variety of markets to generate returns.
Cantab is fully systematic with a multi-asset approach where our team of scientists develop and build highly sophisticated proprietary statistical investment strategies.
- Trade support
- Trade, cash and position reconciliation
- Collateral management
- Treasury and Cash management
- Investigating and booking Corporate Actions
- Project work related to new account and product setup
- Cost analysis/MIS
- Maintaining relationships with counterparties (e.g. Prime Brokers)
- Proactive improvement of controls and automation of tasks
The PersonYou will be a graduate with a high class (2i or above) degree in a numerical/financial subject. Previous experience with MS Excel to an advanced level is desired as would be a prior internship in Banking or Asset Management in the Operations department.
This role will suit a 'go-getter', who appreciates time sensitivity and is both proactive and a good communicator. Such an attitude can make a real difference to the firm's performance. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to add significant value to the firm.
Salary and Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender, gender, reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnershiop status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, pregnancy or maternity leave. As such we recognise and embrace the benefits of employing a diverse workforce.
To ApplyApply below – send a CV and a covering email describing yourself and your interest in the specific position. Please quote reference CCP/OPS.
Office Manager (Maternity Cover)5 November 2019
Cantab Capital Partners have an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager based at their offices in Cambridge. This is a 12 month contract to cover Maternity Leave and starting in December 2019. We are a very friendly company and are looking for a hands-on person with a proven track record in office management to become part of our team. This busy and varied role reports directly to the CFO and has responsibility for an office of 65+ people.
Cantab - Part of GAM Systematic is a large established, award winning, quantitative hedge fund managing over bn assets. We apply statistical and mathematical methods to a wide variety of markets to generate returns.
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day running of the office and managing facilities to a high standard
- Meeting preparation - set up for client meetings, including hospitality services
- Meet and greet visitors to the office
- Ordering and management of kitchen supplies, including twice weekly supermarket food order for staff and monthly office lunches
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of office equipment and manage office suppliers
- Ensure the office is kept in best order - including liaising with landlords, managing agents and any building contractors, managing various types of insurance accounts
- Managing and negotiating all service level agreements
- Implementing Health and Safety practices
- Co-ordination with head office on facilities and Health and Safety
- An excellent track record in office management
- Highly organised and calm under pressure
- Self-motivation, discretion and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible, proactive person with an excellent problem solving nature
- Confident and clear communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise
- Good telephone manner and ability to deal with people at all levels
Exceptional gatekeeping skills
- Proficient in MS Office including intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and deliver excellent quality work
- Experience in a similar role
Salary and BenefitsSalary is negotiable depending on experience. Cantab, part of GAM Systematic, offer a range of benefits including 27 days holiday per annum, non-contributable pension, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, critical illness, iPad, free on-site gym membership, season ticket loan, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle load scheme.
To ApplyPlease send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: CCP/TOM
Systems Administrator14 November 2019
Based in Cambridge, UK. We are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our IT team.
Cantab, part of GAM Systematic, is a multi-billion dollar investment manager based in Cambridge. We apply statistical and mathematical methods to a wide variety of financial markets. The team has access to some of the most sophisticated technologies and data, including high-frequency multithreaded and distributed engines, fast synchronised databases, financial analytic libraries and purpose-tailored languages.
The business has been growing steadily since its launch in 2006 and now employs over 60 people in Cambridge.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our IT Team.
You will be jointly responsible, with the existing team, for the Linux, Windows and networking infrastructures which keep the company's servers, security systems, and data centres in good health. The job takes place in a fast-moving environment where system redundancy, reliability, and uptime are essential. The job is also varied, and will encompass activities across all lines of IT support.
This will include investigating and diagnosing problems; recommending and implementing improvements to the company's Linux and Windows systems and network; end user support; planning and implementation of new systems. You will be required to work on your own at times, to follow and improve existing procedures, and to operate within the established change control framework.
The right candidate will be security-conscious and have experience of working in environments or organisations requiring guaranteed uptime.
You are a proficient Systems Administrator, with good problem-solving skills. You are also an excellent communicator and team player who is willing to help other members of the team across a wide variety of tasks.
We use the following technologies, and experience in these will be highly valuable. Most desirable skills listed first:
- Linux (RedHat/Centos)
(Note: You will be required to install, configure, and troubleshoot Linux systems.)
- Network Monitoring (Nagios/Other)
- VMware: ESX, Virtual Center
- TCP/IP stack, OSI Model
- Cisco iOS and VLANs
- Juniper Junos OS
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 10
- HPE DL series Servers
- Netapp / HPE Storage solutions
Experience of remotely maintaining systems is also valuable.
After an initial period of training and familiarisation with our infrastructure, hours will either be 0700-1600 or 0930-1830, on a rota basis; flexibility, such as weekend work (with time off provided in lieu) and evening work, will be required to meet the demands of the business.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Talented and successful employees will be eligible for a discretionary bonus. We offer a range of benefits including 27 days holiday per annum, pension, private medical cover, life assurance, critical illness insurance, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle loan, and on-site free gym membership.
Please apply by email sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting reference CCP/SA.